Learn Japanese Methods to Organise Your Home and Office
We may tend to associate tidying up with boredom, exhaustion, routine and grudge. Instead, Kondo shows us how - when you have clear methodology and commitment - organising your surroundings can become an inspiration. Here, at REMINDART we believe so too: our belongings and surroundings can and should be an ever self-replenishing source of joy!
INVOLVE YOU HEART AND MIND
TOKIMEKU: 'THAT WHICH SPARKS JOY'
At the heart of Kondo's philosophy lies tokimeku: a Japanese term, literally translating as 'heart aflutter' and signifying an item or an experience that immediately brings joy. Her approach encourages you to look closely at everything you keep in your surroundings, put it in your hands and feel whether it sparks joy from within. It is not about minimalism, functionality, sentimentality or certain ideology - it is all about arranging a space in such a way that whatever it is that your glance falls upon, that object uplifts you immediately and fills you with a sense of love and appreciation.
Find our joyfully colourful collection of elegant REMINDART washi tapes purposefully created to bring shiny inspiration to your planning and daily activities, and to keep your smile easy and beautiful throughout the day!
THE TIDYING-UP PROCEDURE
Kondo has come up with a clear-cut procedure for tidying up any space:
1. Envision your ideal lifestyle.
2. Go through all your belongings, item by item, and empty storage spaces. Discard what does not bring you joy. Thank each item for its service before throwing it away or passing it on. Keep what sparks joy in you. It's always surprising to see what will fall away.
3. Tackle items by category, not by room or location, i.e. books, clothes, miscellaneous, sentimental items etc.
4. Keep things folded, not stacked and in messy piles. Discover Kondo's unique vertical folding method, which features folding everything and anything multiple times into a rectangular shape. The result is a neat vertical file-like box of items where belongings stand upright, are immediately visible, and are less wrinkled than usual. Colour code items for extra visibility and a pleasant sensory sensation: it's like keeping a rainbow in a cupboard, just like our REMINDART washi tapes!
5. Follow the prescribed order.
MAINTAIN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR BELONGINGS
You can contact us on Instagram.